25% TCA Peel for Arms - 22 days to finish!

Twenty-two days ago, I applied 25% TCA peel solution to both my forearms. I did an alcohol cleansing of my arms first, then I put on 3 layers of the 25% TCA peel and did not rinse it off. I put lotion on my arms after about 5 minutes. It hurt for a long time, even when my thin cotton sleeves touched the hair on my arms.

Here's a picture before I applied the solution, so I can do a comparison after it is complete:


Before TCA peel (2012)
I did get a slight frost this time, but only on a small portion of my arm (far left on this picture):
Frost with 25% TCA Peel on arms (2012)
I took this picture in the evening, about 4-5 hours after I applied the peel. The picture doesn't show the redness as well as it could be seen.
25% TCA peel on arms, 4-5 hours after application

Day 3
25% TCA - day 3
Day 10
25% TCA - day 10
Day 13


25% TCA - day 13
Day 15
25% TCA - day15

25% TCA - Day 21
At day 21, there are still a few pieces of skin, which were gone by day 22.

It surprises me that it takes my face 3.5 days to finish peeling after 25% TCA, but my arms took a full 22 days to finish peeling! I did not use my DPL Light Therapy on my arms though, and it seems the further I get from my eyes, the slower the peel completes.

No comments:

Post a Comment