Sunscreen Sunblock Review: Pratima Neem Rose 30 SPF


Sunscreen Sunblock Review: Pratima Neem Rose Sunscreen 30 SPF Sunblock

Ingredients: ionized water, non-nano micronized zinc oxide 18.6%, organic extracts of neem, brahmi, shatavari, licorice, wheat germ oil, vitamin e, lecithin, organic essential oil of rose, xanthan gum.

I like this product, but I can only use it on certain areas (see pros and cons below). This sunscreen sunblock is available only via Pratima’s website, so order with caution. I ordered two canisters, and I will finish them since it’s a natural product that I can use on my body. I now use it primarily on my neck, eyes, above my lip, and chest.

PROS:
  • Physical, not chemical-based
  • Natural-based product (although I do not like the recent addition of wheat germ oil)
  • No preservatives
  • Scent is pleasant
  • Moisturizing: seems to plump up my skin temporarily, so I’ve been wearing it above my lip and on my eyes lately
  • Does not sting or irritate my skin

CONS:
  • Very oily, runny consistency
  • Difficult to diminish shine with powder because it has a luminous quality
  • Price for shipping is high, and it's difficult to return
  • Available only online
  • Causes breakouts but only on my trouble area (chin)

Could not find a rating for this product on EWG’s website.  Also note that some reviews online cite less-than-expected sun protection, but I haven’t experienced that since I wear hats, sunglasses, etc., when I'm outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment