Collagen Supplement

I always thought that we had to make our own collagen, but I read about two studies recently in Your Skin, Younger by Dr. A Logan, et. al., that challenged my thinking.

The studies were conducted in Germany and Japan and compared groups that consumed a supplement of hydrolyzed fish collagen with groups that did not. They measured skin structure before and after a twelve-week period of supplementation.  Both studies showed significant improvement of skin elasticity and reduction of water loss, resulting in a reduction of fine lines.

This brand, Meiji Amino Collagen, has the best reviews, but it’s in a powder form that you mix with a drink. One person commented that it tasted funky, and I can imagine why!  

If you have an aversion to a fishy-tasting drink, a pill may be the answer. NeoCell has a Fish Collagen + Hyaluronic Acid supplement in pill form.

I don’t take any supplements for my skin, but I am going to do a little more research on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment