6th TCA Chemical Peel - Before and After Photos

TCA Chemical Peel Series of 6 - Before and After Photos

These pictures are from before I started this TCA series and after the last peel, so there's about a six-month gap between the pictures and about four TCA chemical peels, ranging from a 12.5 to 25% buffered solution.

I purchased a 50% TCA chemical peel solution and diluted it to start out conservatively.

Here's a picture of me in September, before my first TCA peel. I was wearing sunscreen and powder, since that's what I usually wear.  I had several acne scars around my chin that were starting to look really bad, some fine lines, and discoloration around my smile lines. 

I pulled this picture from my first before/after blog post:

BEFORE:



AFTER 1st Peel:



I didn't take after pictures from my 2nd chemical peel.

AFTER 3rd Peel:
AFTER 4th Peel:




AFTER 5th Peel:


This is my face after the series of 5 TCA chemical peels. I am NOT wearing sunscreen or powder. I think my biggest problem area (my chin) is looking much better. The hyperpigmentation around my smile lines is much lighter! And I think the overall texture of my face looks much better...seems fuller and firmer, but could be wishful thinking ;-)

AFTER 6th Peel:
I do have on a physical sunscreen (zinc) in this photo; that's probably why I look a little white. There's still a lot of work to be done, but it will have to wait until this coming fall (of 2011). It's now April, and I can't risk another medium peel, knowing how much I will be in the sun--even though I wear sunscreen every day!

I will continue my weekly glycolic acid chemical peels throughout the summer since I will break out without them.

2 comments:

  1. how often should get my chemical peel? like every other month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! Here's a post that may help:
      http://www.mychemicalpeel.blogspot.com/2012/04/chemical-peels-how-often.html

      Delete