Hands Really Tell Our Age - Before and After

The top section of this post is a repeat for those who haven't seen it.  The bottom includes new photos.

I am so tired of looking at these age spots, which look a lot like little freckles, which are the result of sun damage! I will definitely be wearing sunscreen or sun block on my hands every day from now on.

No matter how good our faces looks, hands really tell our age!  In my anti aging quest, I have done one TCA chemical peel on my hands and one spot treatment, which helped a tiny bit, but I needed a high-powered peel for these hands, so I applied a buffered 50% TCA chemical peel solution to my hands.

Here’s a picture before:


Here’s a picture after about 2 minutes with the solution, when it began to frost.  My hands actually hurt after the frost went away on this peel. It was painful for a full day.  I used a lot of copper peptide cream, and that helped:


Here’s day 3. Only do this when you can wear extra-long sleeves to cover your hands because they really look bad:

Day 8, and I've begun to peel, but it's slow:


The red mark is where I decided to hit my hand on the door!  I must be more careful because the skin is so vulnerable right now.

This peel is taking forever! I think the strength has some impact, but I also know from my many peels that my face turns over cells much faster than the rest of my body.

Here's day 11. Finally peeling in earnest, but it's coming off very slowly. This is my left hand.

And here's the right, although the lighting wasn't as good:

Most the peeling has finally finished, although there are a few flakies still lingering. Here are before and after pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
I am thrilled with this last peel.  Yes, it took TWO very long weeks because it was strong, but a lot of the age spots or sun spots have been addressed and lightened.  I hope to do one more before spring!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That turned out great! Have you ever tried the TCA on your arms or legs? I have leg freckles and did a TCA a few day's ago 25%. So far nothing, no peeling...the only difference is that the "freckles" look much worse! ha!

    Thanks for this blog, I've learned so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words.

    Yeah, my hands looks so much better. Yes, I did my arms twice. Here's the last peel on them: http://mychemicalpeel.blogspot.com/2011/02/tca-50-chemical-peel-before-and-after.html

    ReplyDelete