Trick to Conceal Redness

No, it's not a yellow or green concealer...

If you have sensitive skin, acne, or suffer from rosacea, or if you’re using any type of chemical peel, such as glycolic acid, TCA acid, or Retin-A, you’ve probably experienced redness or blotchy skin. 

If you’re like me, you’ve spent countless hours (cumulative time) covering red spots from chemical peels, acne, or rosacea with yellow concealer.  Sometimes I feel like I have more concealer than skin showing on my face.

Yesterday after doing a chemical peel, it seemed most of my face was red, except the skin above my lip and my lower cheek areas, which aren’t nearly as sensitive as the rest of my face.  I realized that if I could put a little blush above my lip, the red areas would probably just look more normal, and sure enough, it worked!

I was amazed that my whole face didn't just look red, but I think the areas that looked red were accentuated by the areas that weren't red, so putting a little blush on those areas made my whole face just look nice and rosy.

Imagine blotting a little blush on the areas that aren’t red to “normalize” the rest of the face to save tons of time!  I really can’t believe it took me this long to find this little trick. 

So next time your face is mostly red, except for a few areas, try blotting just a bit of blush on those non-red areas to make the red areas less noticeable.  Let me know if it works for you--or if you have any other tricks to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment