25% TCA Facial Peel

It's hard to believe it's been nearly a year since my last TCA facial peel! It's been a crazy year though: I moved across the country and started a new job, so I haven't been able to hide out ;)

I turned 50 this winter, so I've been anxious to get back to my chemical peels, although I've been using Retin-A 3-4x/week all year.

With school finally over, I applied my 25% TCA chemical peel just as I have in the past:

1. Cleansed to remove sunscreen;
2. Swabbed with 60% isopropyl alcohol to remove oils;
3. Mixed my 50% TCA solution with distilled water -  (50/50 each to get to 25%)
4. Using my fan brush (the absolute best tool), I applied to my upper lip, then cheeks, first because I know they are less sensitive than my chin area; I finished up around my mouth;
5. Set my timer for 1 minute since it's been nearly a year;
6. After 1 minute, I neutralized and splashed with copious amounts of cold water;
7. Applied my post-peel lotion.
8. After the first night, I also apply shea butter to help prevent cracking; I really haven't found anything else that keeps it moist almost all night. This doesn't break me out, but ymmv!

I did all of this just before bed on Sunday night, and today is Wednesday morning, so this picture is about 60 hours (2.5 days) after the application.

Click to Enlarge - DAY 3


 I'll post again in a few days with other pix...





No comments:

Post a Comment